Friday 21 December 2007

Bakery

Although I wanted to stay low with baking this year, I of course didn't. I just love baking and trying new recipes too much. :)

So I thought I would share this year's favourite cookies recipe:

Cranberry Spekulatius (I have no idea how to translate that; take a dictionary, look it up and tell me if you are any wiser *g*)

Ingedients:
40 g(rams) dried Cranberries
125 g butter
150g sugar
1 egg
300g flour
4 teaspoons almond buskuit spice (OK, now I had to look up what Spekulatius means - only not sure if it's what you would say... The spice mixture you can buy over here contains: cinnamon, organge peel, lemon peel, cardamom, cloves, coriander, nutmeg)

Preparation:
Chop cranberries. Stir butter, sugar, pinch of salt and Spekulatius spice till well mixed. Add the egg. Stirr in flour with dough hook. Add cranberries.
Wrap the dough in saran wrap and place somewhere cold over night (the fridge is just fine).
Roll out the dough until 5mm thick. Cut 4x4cm pieces.
Put on baking tray. Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes at 200°C (392°F)
Enjoy!

No comments: