Wednesday 16 April 2008

Being a writer

I remember one discussion over at the forum, where the topic was the usual question by non-writers "How do you get your ideas?"

And Diana's reply was something to the effect that a writer's problem mostly is not getting ideas, but stopping them from popping up all over the place.

My thoughts back then were "You'll never be a writer then. How could you be? You came up with this story idea with enough difficulty, and it's not even fully formed."

And tell you what? About a year later story ideas do come when least expected. Constantly. Sometimes they are only fleeting thoughts, and I forget them quickly. But sometimes the ideas stick and flesh out a bit, and won't leave me in peace, until I write at least the idea down.

I guess I'm a writer now. In spirit at any rate. :)

3 comments:

Carol Spradling said...

Hi Nina,

Girl, you are a writer, but I'm glad you're starting to see it in yourself. The rest of us knew this all along.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol Spradling said...

Hi Nina,

You've been tagged.

http://carolaspradling.blogspot.com/