Thursday 3 April 2008

Mayor resolution

I've been ill on Tuesday (the weather here is not very migraine friendly at the moment), and after sleeping for hours, I was finally able to sit up and do some thinking (dangerous thing that is *g*).

So I got out my notebook (the one with paper in it) and did a quasi outline. I noted down the things I knew already and tried to put them in some kind of order. OK. I generally know what's going on where, and have some places that still need to be worked out. Fine.

But then, then I came to a realisation. I am sooo stuck and so dissatisfied with my story at the moment. Why is that you ask? I have no idea. I still like my characters and the story, but it's lacking something mayor.

So I came to a resolution: I will write this story completely anew. I will save all that I have written so far in a seperate folder and the scenes and pieces I really, really like into yet another one, but I'll not use it. I'll try to pretend that I haven't already written one thing or another and then when I'm finished (hopefully in the not too far away future) I'll have a look at my favourite scenes and compare which is better, the old or the new one. But not earlier.

So much for finishing the SFD by July...

No comments: