Saturday 27 September 2008

Why is writing so hard?

I don't have the answer. I have just been asking myself this question for the last two hours.

I think I may know where the problem lies but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it.

Before and After is at a stage where I have a pretty good idea what's going on, who the characters are and what kind of person. I have written some mayor scenes (don't be deceived by the word count) and some "sketches", or skipts as I call them.
That's great, I hear you say. No problem.
Wrong! Now that I know what the story is, I don't seem to find the need to write it down. I know everything (I don't, but you know what I mean) there is to know, story finished.
But I want to get it on paper!

I could easily be the only one facing this strange problem (Really, it's stupid! What's causing this blockade?) but maybe some of you have experienced similar or have some good advise.
Meanwhile I will try to help myself with Holly Listle's course, that I haven't made as much progress at as I wish.

No comments: