Wednesday 14 March 2007

Rejections

I spent some time reading the entries on rejectioncollection.com yesterday evening and was appalled at how stupid and rude some of the agents are. Are they only interested in their own success? What about ideology? That the soul of the author is in his/her book(s)? Doesn't count for some obviously...

And I was asking myself, could something like this happen to me when I finished my WIP and planned to publish it?

Well, there are not many people engaged in the agent business here in Germany, and as far as I've learned so far, authors usually contact publishers directly.

But who knows how the situation will be in, say, 10 years?

However stupidity is international I think, and you would meet stupid and nice agents everywhere. Any many (successful) authors have plainly found someone that dedicates their time and patience and what not for those books.

No comments: