Thursday 18 December 2008

Bookwormed

Rachel tagged me :)

The whole idea is that you pick up the book closest to you, open it to page 56, and copy the fifth sentence down, followed by the next 2-5 sentences.

Okey, here's mine.

Closest book: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

I haven't started this book yet, so let's see:

Page 56 is the instruction on how to fold a paper plane, the next pages are pictures as well, so I'll look at page 68.

Stan touched my face, which he never did.

And the next:

I took the elevator for the last time. I opened the apartment door, put down my bag, and took off my shoes, like everything was wonderful, because I didn't know that in reality everything was actually horrible, because how could I? I petted Buckminster to show him I loved him. I went to the phone to check the messages, and listened to them one after another.

Well, that sounds rather boring, but from what I've heard so far, this book is anything but. And I've read Everything Is Illuminated by the author and loved it.

ETA: I've read quite a bit of the book by now. It's about a little boy who lost his father on 9/11 and is trying to cope in all kinds of ways. The sentences above belong to the part where he listenes to his father's last messages on the machine (only two of five are revealed up until now)

No comments: