Thursday 27 March 2008

Beecake

In case you haven’t noticed *g* I’m undergoing my regular Lord-of-the-Rings-addiction-phase (happens once or twice a year)

I’m watching the movies forwards and backwards, the Specials, cast audio commentary, funny and/or interesting Youtube videos, I’m tracking down the BBC radio play (had it as mp3 once, but lost it when we moved), am reading fanfiction (ya ya, I know)… You get the idea.

Yesterday I discovered the homepage of the band Beecake, and if you are a LotR fan or interested in the books/movies, one of the member’s name will sound familiar to you: Billy Boyd (aka Peregrin “Pippin” Took)

OK, Billy is the reason I discovered the band in the first place, but I listened to the songs on their MySpace site and d@mn do they make good music. It’s the kind of music I listen to a lot, although I don’t usually listen to any of the bands they state to have influenced them :) (with the huge exception of The Beatles)


Oh, and yes *whispering* I bought the CD :)

1 comment:

Lynne Sears Williams said...

Nina,
It's me. You said you might be able to help with blog questions. Janet Mac turned you in. My blog is seriously in trouble.
Do you have any time?
Breaking the ban on global whining.