I didn't make any progress on story wordage, but I wrote about 600 words for a few paragraphs on the plot.
Surprisingly I know a lot more about Ella now, and what conflicts and obstacles she has to face and overcome in the course of the story. Conflict is what has been missing from my story so far. I have a bit of conflict in the plot - not nearly enough - but almost no internal conflict. I still do not know how to go about it, but at least I've found the problem.
And while I was on my way home yesterday I had a few more ideas about the relations between the two main tribes, how they are different and where they are dependent on each other.
All this is promising for the new year and I vowed to myself to make more writing time, even if I don't really have the time. I want this thing to get somewhere already! :)